Monday, October 21, 2013

Weekend Adventures followed by a not so adventrerous Monday

Well, I may have jinxed myself in last week’s blog when I boasted about not being sick yet this semester.  Today, I came down with some virus—I have the chills and have been running a fever of 102 on and off today.  I have no energy to do much of anything, I luckily took some ibuprofen, which has helped motivate me to write this blog as well as do some other much needed homework.  I am hopeful that this virus will work its way out of me quickly.  Enough about me being sick though… let’s talk about my weekend! 

As I have mentioned before, I am on the Club Swim Team here at JMU and this weekend we had our first meet! We got up early Saturday morning and rode buses up to the University of Maryland.  It only took us about 2 hours! At the meet I swam in the 200 Medley Relay, 50 and 25 meter Butterfly and 50 freestyle. 


Me swimming 50 meter butterfly!




My "shark" Erin and I reunited!
While I myself did not swim any personal bests or win my heats, JMU as a whole won the meet!  While at the meet I was able to see and visit with one of my good friends from high school, Cara, who swims on the club team for Mary Washington University.  I also was able to see my “Shark” or “Big,” Erin, who graduated last year from JMU.  She lives in Maryland and was home on Fall Break from grad school and was able to stop by and see everyone, which was awesome! Overall, the meet went great! It was over by around 4 and we left shortly after and arrived back at JMU around 7, due to some traffic we hit in Northern, VA.  When I got home, I was wiped out after my big day so I did a little homework and then put in a movie and called it a night! Then, on Sunday I was able to sleep in and in the afternoon I attended a SafeRides retreat where we played games and got to know each other better.  While my weekend was busy, I was able to still get homework done and have fun all at the same time!

"Goofy" team picture!
Now back to me being sick… One thought that occurred to me today, as I lay in bed ill was how and where I might have contracted this virus?  At the swim meet? At the SafeRides retreat? In class Thursday or Friday? From one of my roommates?  On the bus? The possibilities are endless.  At this point it does not matter…I am sick.  With that being said, though, I am going to do everything in my power to not let anyone else around me get sick by staying in my room as much as possible and washing my hands thoroughly throughout the day.    

No comments:

Post a Comment